Wednesday, February 3, 2016

If Kevin Durant Leaves OKC Golden Sate Is Serious Threat To Sign Him

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--warriors-serious-threat-to-sign-kevin-durant-182559375.html

Scary right?  Because of my love of Steph Curry I have been a fan of the Warriors since they drafted him in '09.  I do not want Kevin Durant to go to Golden State.  It would be unfair, and almost no fun actually.  Who would they lose to?  Would they ever not win the title?  I don't think Durant is leaving OKC anyway, but I think I'd lose respect for him if he joined up with the Splash Bros and Draymond to run the league for life.  There would be no parity in the league, LeBron would probably just retire, or have a mental meltdown for the ages trying to beat that team, and it wouldn't be fun because you know who's going to win it.  It might be fun for one year, but after that why would anyone even watch the NBA playoffs?  If this were 6+ years from now, then sure, KD can pull a Rodman and join the best player and the best team to win more rings.  Also, a big part of why I'm such a big NBA fan now is because of watching Steph and wanting to watch him more and more.  Growing up a Knicks fan I never really got into the NBA because they weren't that good.  But Steph and watching him become the best player in the league today (accept that truth now LeBron fans) and just seeing the Warriors go from ass to world class the past 7 years has been awesome.  So watching  Steph put on a show is one of my favorite things and a team with him, Klay, and now KD?  He'd still be great but I don't think we'd see the huge games nearly as often.  So as a Steph Curry fan I don't like this move, I'm sure if I were a Warrior fan first I'd be all for it, but I'm not.  So KD should stay in OKC, or go to LA, or especially NY, or even back home to DC.


Like this post?  Share it!  Not sharing it would be as unfair to me as Kevin Durant going to GS would be to the NBA.

No comments:

Post a Comment