Monday, May 18, 2015

2015 Stanley Cup Playoff Predictions: Conference Finals

Western Conference:

1) Anaheim Ducks
3) Chicago Blackhawks
Prediction: Ducks in 6
Why?: Chicago is always good, I mentioned that in ,I believe, every other series prediction I made involving the Blackhawks.  That being said, the Ducks are just rampaging their way through the playoffs sweeping Winnipeg in the first round, and having little problem with a Calgary team I thought would have been tough.  I'm taking the Ducks in this series because they have looked like the best team in this postseason without question so far, but I still think the Hawks will steal a few games, because let's face it, they're the Chicago Blackhawks.

Eastern Conference:

1) New York Rangers
2) Tampa Bay Lightning
Prediction: Rangers in 7
Why?:  I liked the Rangers to win the Cup coming into the playoffs this season, because they were the best team, and have a lot of great players on their team.  They have been a letdown for me, as a casual fan their games have been exciting because they have ALL been decided by ONE goal.  However as a guy pretending to know something about hockey they have been frustrating because I expect the best team in the NHL this season to show up and win by at least two goals one of these games.  I mentioned after the first round that Tampa Bay was disappointing to me, well they were great in the conference semis after taking down Montreal in 6 games.  This one has become a toss up, but I'm sticking with the Rangers, even though they may never win by multiple goals, I still think they can win 4 before they lose 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment