Monday, June 20, 2016

Weekend Rewind: NBA Championship Edition, Congrats LeBron James

I'm back...again.  I know I keep saying I'm back, then I don't write a blog for weeks, but I've been preoccupied with work and way to wrapped up in watching the Finals and just haven't gotten around to blogging much, but I hopefully will be able to get out a couple at the end of the day from here on out.  So let's get to it then, huh?

LeBron James Delivers Cleveland its First Title Since 1964

Cleveland won a title.  They beat the Warriors.  I was dead wrong about the series.  They did it thanks to this:

and this:



Ok here's my thoughts on the series.  Cleveland was able to turn it around after looking like a jv squad in games 1 and 2 and LeBron personally punked Golden State.  He was great and I'll get to that.  Turns out Kyrie Irving CAN play defense, and really good defense at that, he just doesn't until the Finals.  I think my Warriors in 5 prediction would've held up if Draymond was able to play in game 5, but instead he decided to nut punch LeBron and get his ass suspended.  And my boy Steph was only actually there in game 4, and stretches of game 6 when he dragged Golden State back into that game, before promptly getting into foul trouble.  Other than that the guy wearing number 30 for Golden State wasn't Stephen Curry, I don't know who it was, but it wasn't Steph.  I believe he was hurt, and I'm not saying that because he's my guy and has been my guy for a long time.  I'm saying that because I've watched him a lot over the last 7 years, and almost every single game the last 3 or 4 years, and he didn't look right.  He was playing lazy d in one on one situations, and his jumper was so inconsistent.   He wasn't taking guys to the rim like he had all year, and when he did he was blocked more often than not, which is rare because he's second behind Kyrie and finishing at the hoop and avoiding the shot blockers.  You can't tell me he cracked under the pressure when he was great in every game but game 2 last year.  Now it's no excuse because if you're going to go out there and play in the Finals, you have to be better, especially if you're no doubt the second best player in the world.  One 38 point game won't cut it and missing everything down the stretch and that HORRENDOUS behind the back pass that went out of bounds just isn't nearly good enough.

Now I'm about to do something I'd really rather not.  Give King James his due.  If you've read me for any amount of time at all you know I hate LeBron, and pettily trashing him for all the lame, douchey, petty stuff he does is one of my favorite things to do.  I'll still hate him and will surely rip him for lame stuff he does in the future, but right now I'll give him all the props in the world.  His team was down 3-1, everyone was already piling on him for stepping over Draymond, whining about being called names, and doing a really douchey high pitched laugh when told that Klay said LeBron had his feelings hurt.  But you know what, he stepped the fuck up when it mattered most.  He grew some giant ass nuts and shoved his dick down all the haters throats, including my own.  He delivered one of the greatest, if not THE greatest, Finals performances of all time.  Down 3-1 he drops 41/16/7.  Down 3-2 he drops 41/8/11 including 18 straight to bury the Warriors' comeback hopes.  Then in game 7 he goes for 27/10/11.  I've never denied his greatness on the court, because that's pure idiocy.  He's the most talented player of all time and will be one of the 3 or 4 best players when it's all said and done.  But to try and pick something out to hate on after what he just did is impossible.  He was brilliant, he promised a city of diehard fans that long awaited title and did it by leading the first ever 3-1 comeback over one of the greatest teams of all time.  So LeBron James, congrats, you earned it, you ripped the trophy right out of Golden State's hands and brought it back to Northeast Ohio.  I can't knock you for that, so I'll have to wait to write hate blogs again and for now, congrats.  You can do nothing but respect what you just did, as much as I hate to admit it.

That being said I like Warriors over Cavs in next years Finals barring injuries and major roster changes.

Big Controversy in the US Open

I didn't watch this, and honestly have no idea what happened.  Dustin Johnson's ball moved which should be a one stroke penalty, but he didn't move it so he wasn't charged it?  But he won by like 5 strokes so it doesn't even matter?  Whatever golf.

Some Big Soccer Tournaments I keep meaning to watch keep going.

I actually like soccer, but I've been preoccupied with basketball.  But the US has made it to the semi-finals against Messi and Argentina tomorrow at 8 so I'll be watching that for sure.  No idea what's happening in Euro.

MLS Player Flops Via Front Flip




I mean c'mon.  People who use flopping as their excuse to not watch soccer now have this as another shred of evidence to back them.  But it's also a move so ridiculous you have to respect it right?  If you're gonna flop might as well sell out right?  I suddenly love this move, I need more of this in soccer.

Mehta World Peace/Ron Artest/Panda's Friend or whatever the hell, Talks Game of Thrones

!may be spoilers!


Never seen one episode of game of thrones, but this was brilliant.  I need Ron Artest to give me recaps on every episode ever made and I'll just watch the parts with naked chicks, that's probably better than the real show to be honest.  Sorry if there was spoilers in it. Here's some more for ya too:



So that's all I got, hope you enjoyed the weekend in sports and hope you keep reading!  Share this post if you liked it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment