Thursday, June 2, 2016

2016 NBA Playoff Predictions: The Finals

Golden State Warriors v Cleveland Cavaliers

Pick: Warriors in 5
Why: Take the fact that I hate LeBron and I love Steph Curry and throw it out the window right now.  Because that has nothing to do with why I say Golden State in 5.  Don't buy into the Kyrie and K Love being back will lead the Cavs to victory.  I hate, hate, hate, HATE this matchup for the Cavs.  Kyrie showed in game 1 last year he can d up when he wants.  But can he do it for a whole series?  And if the effort he puts on d starts making it tougher for him on offense will he stick with it?  I don't know.  What I do know is Love is a gigantic white cone on defense.  The Warriors are going to pick and roll the shit out of him, and when ever he gets switched on Steph it's going to be ugly for Kev.  I think Cleveland will score a bunch, but the Warriors will score more.  Nobody is going to stop LeBron, because nobody can, you can barely stop him, but if Steph keeps rolling nobody can stop him either.  And Cleveland wants to play a similar style to Golden State and nobody can beat them 4 times out of 7 doing that.  Ask Houston (this year and last) and Portland how that worked out for them.  I don't think the Warriors will blow Cleveland out every game, I just think Cleveland will win 1 of the games in Cleveland and that's all.  LeBron lost in 5 to San Antonio in Miami with maybe a more complete (albeit older) team.  And don't think for a second the Warriors forgot about how everyone called last years title lucky.  As a Curry/Warriors fan I want a sweep, as a blogger I want a 7 game series for more content.  I honestly believe this much hyped matchup will quickly be exposed as a nightmare for the Cavs.

No comments:

Post a Comment