Monday, July 4, 2016

Kevin Durant Signs With....The Golden State Warriors

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16759826/kevin-durant-announces-sign-golden-state-warriors


I've been on record saying I hate this move even when it was just speculation.  It's an unnecessary move on both sides.  The Warriors don't need KD, they won 73 games and should have beaten Cleveland for the title again.  KD doesn't need the Warriors, OKC should've beaten the Warriors in the West Finals.  Apparently (according to Adrian Wojnarowski) KD was pressured by his inner circle to make a big splashy move for marketing.  Now the Warriors lose some of the depth that helped make them so great, though it probably wouldn't be hard to convince good players to sign for less because they'll win a lot of rings.  You'd think because I'm a Warrior fan that I'd be all about this move, but I HATE it.  I wanted to see Steph continue to dominate and KD will certainly impact that.  Now what's he gonna score?  26 a game instead of 30+?  Not a fan.  And how will KD fit in the free-flowing ball movement oriented offense?  If you remember the GS OKC series he played a LOT of isolation and it did not work.  I don't know if Kev can fall in line, I feel like he'll try and be the number one option.  Also this makes the NBA playoffs so much less fun. Nobody in the East is still close to competing with LeBron and Cleveland, and now the only team in the West who could maybe compete with Golden State is San Antonio.  I hope he leaves soon, this move is actually more spineless than Bron Bron going to play with his pals in South Beach.  But as my heart lies with Steph I have to remain a Warriors fan and therefore root for this super team.  I hate myself already.

PS- Get a load of the balls on Nike.  You could've had Steph still if you didn't botch his goddamn name and use recycled slides you never edited during your presentation.  You know what Fuck Nike, I ordered shoes last week and they still haven't even shipped from Nike yet and they were supposed to arrive last Thursday.  They're lucky adidas and under armour suck so much.

Like this post?  Share it!  Not sharing it would be weaker than Durant to the Warriors.

No comments:

Post a Comment