Tuesday, April 4, 2017

NHL Says They Won't Break For 2018 Winter Olympics

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-will-not-participate-in-2018-winter-olympics/c-288385598


So this news broke yesterday and I have gathered my thoughts and am ready to give a well thought out, level response.  This.  Fucking.  SUCKS.  And I know diehard NHL fans don't care, there was a poll and most were in favor of not breaking up the season, but as a very casual fan I watch NHL players 3 times.  The playoffs, when there's nothing else on/I'm in Minnesota, and the winter olympics.  I get owners and fans don't want players to get hurt trying to win a medal, but I don't really care about the winter olympics.  I'll watch because it's the Olympics, but I only really pay attention to hockey.  The rest is various types of sledding and skating and the winter x-games.  If I really gave a shit about all that I'd watch the winter x-games because they're on every year.  But I don't.  People complain about how boring swimming and some of the other sports are in the summer games, but you think fucking curling is any better?  And I'm sure amateurs or junior players will do a fine job, but T.J. Oshie went from NHL super star to American hero with his shootout performance in Sochi.  People called him T.J. Sochi if you forgot.  You won't get to see good players from bad teams if you (like me and a lot of people) watch pretty much just the playoffs.  Now I probably won't pay any attention to the 2018 games at all.  I can only watch a guy sled so many times before I'm over it.  Nothing against those who prefer the winter games but I'm just not big into them.

PS-Alex Ovechkin already says he doesn't care what the NHL is doing he's playing in the Olympics.  Classic communist mindset, always doing things for the benefit of mother Russia.

PPS- But seriously good for Ovi, hopefully some other guys follow suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment