Monday, April 3, 2017

LeBron's Apology To Tristan Thompson Embodies Why I Don't Like Him

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=19063047

“I have to do a better job of not showing up my teammates out on the floor. I had the right intentions in my mind, but I had the wrong intentions come out of my mouth.” -Sir King James




So the above video is what prompted the further above comments by LeBron himself.  I know I've voiced my displeasure with LeBron on the blog before and this is a prime example of exactly why I can't stand the chosen one.  His talent on the court is undeniable, but what I hate is the inconsistencies with who he actually is and who he claims to be/wants the public to think he is.  All the greats were assholes to some degree.  Jordan and Kobe come to mind immediately because those are two guys who had a pretty big influence on LeBron.  I don't know if LeBron is an asshole, or how often he is.  But he wants everyone to think he's this shining example of the perfect teammate.  The ultimate team player. He'd rather get a game winning assist than score the game winner himself you know.  You didn't?  Oh well he mentions that every chance he gets because he is just that much of a team guy.  Real team players let you know they're team players they don't just do it and let people see they just want to win.  Real team guys tell you, that's just a fact.  But anyway, if you're gonna be a dick to your teammates then just do it, don't then apologize because you were called out on it.  Jordan and Kobe were notorious for being dicks, but it didn't matter to people because they owned it.  They didn't try and hide it.  They were gonna try and dominate no matter who was on the court with them and if they liked them or not.  You really think Tristan Thompson is buying any apology public or private (apparently LeBron did both) from King Bron?  Hell no!  So why not just be honest?  Just say you were pissed because he kept fucking up, don't tuck your tail and play the nicest teammate card.  What's the point?  The kids might think you're setting a bad example?  If he really believed that he wouldn't do the gun celebration (I hate to admit it but that's a good one) or smoke a fat cuban EVERY time you win the title.  Smoking and guns are bad LeBron.  You should know, you're a father after all.  So spare us all this phony bullshit and just be you.  This whole acting one way on the court and another way off it is infuriating.  It's not genuine and anyone can see right through it.

And about the apology itself, what the hell is that?  It's a clear fake apology and it's barely english to boot.  The wrong intentions came out of your mouth?  I know you didn't go to college, but did you go to middle school?  He basically said he has to tone down his greatness so his teammates look less shitty.  I know he's referring to the whole berating them thing but still.  What a joke.  The worst part of all this is that despite all the "drama" in "the land" Cleveland is still going to roll right to the finals and put up a fight against (probably) the Warriors.

No comments:

Post a Comment