Monday, November 21, 2016

The Bucks Had An A+ Troll of Warriors Fans in Milwaukee. Or That's What I Thought Before I Found Out It's Been Done Before. A Lot.

So if you're a new reader, or you don't know me, I'm from Wisconsin but I'm not a Bucks fan.  I am a Warriors fan.  I have been since they drafted Steph Curry in 2009, because he's been my favorite player and the biggest reason I got into basketball, and the NBA, since I saw him in the 2008 NCAA Tournament.  So as a Warriors fan I am naturally subjected to any and all bandwagon fan jokes.  It's all in good fun, usually it's as a last resort because people hate my team and their good.  So before the Dubs took on my home state Bucks I saw Barstool Sports tweet this:


I'll admit, I laughed.  It was pretty good.  But then I found out it's been done before.  It's been done a lot actually.  And not just once, and it didn't even start this season.  Last season the Knicks did the same thing to Warriors fans in January.  The Bucks even took one of the jokes WORD FOR WORD



I mean I get it's a general troll question to ask Warriors fans, but c'mon.  You can't blatantly take the joke exactly word for word, that's just lazy.  But the bandwagon cam came out in 2014 (!!) when LeBron was on the Heat and they were playing the Wizards in DC.

Link if you don't believe me: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2014/01/16/wizards-bandwagon-cam-mocks-heat-fans/

Oh, and our neighbors to the West, the Timberwolves, did the bandwagon cam to Cavs fans in 2015



So before you go sucking Milwaukee's dick because they're so savage and it's the funniest thing ever.  It's been done before, it's still funny but it's not as funny as people want you to think.  Not that this will stop you or anyone else from forcing more 3-1 jokes or hating an incredible team that's maybe the most fun to watch ever other than maybe last year's team because they're good.  See you in June Cleveland.

PS- if you're also a Warrior fan, even a bandwagon fan, prepare to see this A LOT the rest of the year, especially since this one blew up Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment