Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Day In Review

So I didn't really have anything as far as posts today so I'll just point out some things from the sports world from today and give a few thoughts

Warriors Still Can't Lose


The Golden State Warriors are now 23-0, Klay Thompson went off for 10 threes and 39 points, before suffering what, as far as I know, was a minor ankle injury, after a slowish start the Warriors ripped off a 22-0 run and never looked back at PG13 and the Indiana Pacers.  My man Steph had 29pts 7reb 10ast and 3stl, shot 11-23 but struggled from deep going 3-11.  Paul George had 33 points.  Ended up being only an 8 point win for the Warriors (131-123) but the reserves played most of the fourth quarter and as deep as GS is their second unit can get sloppy in extended time out there.

Manziel Named Browns Starter (Again)

Johnny Football is back as Cleveland's starter.  I support Manziel, I know a lot of people hate him, and just refuse to believe he is capable of anything good now that he's not tearing apart the SEC anymore, but I think he can still be a very good NFL quarterback.  He won't be as dominant as he was in college by any means, but he can use his legs to either run, or buy time, and make plays both ways.  He appeared to be adjusting well to the speed of the NFL game when he was in there.  He does have 1 of the Browns 2 wins, and he also has 2 losses.  The losses came to Cincinnati who legitimately could go to and maybe even win the Super Bowl, and Pittsburgh who I mean, when aren't they at least decent?  I have a lot more on Johnny, but I'll save that for a bigger post this week.

MNF Was Brutal

I didn't watch much of the game last night, what I did see should barely be considered football.  I saw it didn't get much better thanks to twitter, and yet it ended up being a good finish.  Or at least it was close, Dallas won on a field goal in the closing seconds.  Hope they enjoy this one because though Green Bay has struggled lately, I highly doubt they're leaving Lambeau with a win on Sunday.

I thought I had more, but it is really late and I have to college tomorrow, so I'll come back with more tomorrow, I should have the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment