Wednesday, December 23, 2015

One Armed U Florida Basketball Player Scores First Basket, Which Leads To An Important Question

Zach Hodskins, the Florida basketball player with one arm scored his first collegiate points last night.
Which you can see here:


Now this kid was a great story in general before actually scoring.  A birth defect left him with one and a half arms, was talented enough to walk on at Florida, now he finally scored.  But this lead me to a question, would he be as good if he had two arms?  Now you're probably going to think that's a ridiculous question of course he would be.  But think about it, this whole one arm thing had to have gavin this kid a huge chip on his shoulder, he probably worked one trillion times as hard as everyone else to prove that he's just as good as the guys with two arms.  Maybe if he never had this he wouldn't have worked as hard and wouldn't be playing ball at UF.  Now he's obviously got a ton of talent in the first place to be playing D1 basketball with one arm, and that's a great move he makes to score, but maybe instead he just ends up going D2 or to a smaller D1 school.  I mean I have two arms, and I'm never going to play meaningful sports ever again, this guy has one arm and he's better than probably like 95% of the world at basketball.  And how would you like to be a guy he scores on?  You know all of your teammates would clown you for that.  At practice the next day when they drive on you they put one arm behind their back or something, they ask you "remember when that guy with one less arm than you scored on you?"  That may bring the competition level in the SEC up actually, now Hodskins doesn't play a lot, but I think he should.  Florida isn't going to be great again this year so why not?  That'd bring people to the gym, I would want to go to a Florida game to see him embarrass people.  I wouldn't actually I'm broke, but if I could I'd really consider actually going.  Seriously it sounds like I'm being mean or insensitive but this guy is actually really good, I heard of him somewhere on the internet, and saw like a hoop mixtape of him on youtube, he'd probably beat me in one on one to 11 like 11-2.  Maybe 11-0, my hope is that I start with ball and just hit a 2 (or a 3 in 1's and 2's for those of you who didn't get that) immediately.  So in all seriousness I hope this guy keeps working and gets serious playing time, whether that comes this year or in the next couple years.


No comments:

Post a Comment