Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Packers Sign Veteran TE Jared Cook

Yesterday I was given shocking news, Ted Thompson went out and signed a solid veteran!  Those are the only guys he signs, I know.  Buuuut, this comes only two years after signing Julius Peppers breaking the usual 6+ year cycle between free agent signings for Ted.  I'll admit, I don't know much about Cook.  Maybe I just don't watch enough football, maybe it's because he played for the Rams last year, who knows, but I've heard his name before and that's usually a good thing.  So I decided to do some research and find out my new tight end's madden rating, because if there's one place you can get an accurate reading on a players ability on the gridiron, it's their overall rating from 0-99 on a video game.  So instead of firing up my playstation and looking at it I used the internet to find it, and this is what I found:










For those of who don't know, 84 is pretty damn good.  And for a frame of reference, here is the rating of current starting tight end, Richard Rodgers:








So yeah, a 10 overall increase is pretty good, so I guess kudos to Ted for this one, though today I learned Karlos Dansby is going to sign with the Bengals and one of the biggest holes on this team is at middle linebacker and with BJ Raji taking a year off having some reliable talent in the middle of the defense would be nice, so just for shits I also looked up Karlos:







Yeah, no Ted, he wouldn't have been a big help or anything.  We'll just draft our next middle linebacker, why take an unnecessary risk in signing a proven stud over drafting a guy who could very well suck ass.  I'll give Ted his drafting ability, but goddamn, make some moves.  I know Green Bay is the smallest market in pro-sports but if you truly want to win, then you'd find a way to get the guys here.  You think Dansby doesn't want a ring?  The least you could do is try.  All in all, I like the Cook pick up, but I'm still mad a Ted for being incompetent in free agency.  The Bengals are only giving the guy like $6 million a year, you're telling me you couldn't even offer something near that to a guy that good?  I won't be satisfied unless this team wins the Super Bowl this year, if they don't and our middle linebackers suck I'll come back to this every single time.  Anyway, welcome to Green Bay Jared, let's win a ring this year.




Like this post?  Share it!
Like Balls Sports on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment