Wednesday, April 13, 2016

2016 Stanley Cup Playoff Predictions: First Round

Eastern Conference:

(1)Washington Capitals v (WC) Philadelphia Flyers

Pick: Caps in 5
Why?: Let me start here on prediction 1 by saying I am not a hockey guy.  I'll watch playoff games and that's about it so I'm really just winging it because I like making predictions.  Washington is the best team in hockey this year according to record, Philly is a wildcard team that won 15 less games.  I think they'll steal one but that's about it.

(2) Pittsburgh Penguins v (3) New York Rangers

Pick: Rangers in 7
Why?: Just a hunch really.  Crosby and Malkin don't usually choke until later in the playoffs and they have home ice, but NY made the Stanley Cup Final two years ago and the East finals last year before losing to the Lightning.  I say they beat the Penguins here in round 1 for the second year in a row.

(1) Florida Panthers v (WC) New York Islanders

Pick: Isles in 7
Why?: I just like this upset.  Isles are the best wildcard team and Florida isn't a team that makes the playoffs a lot. (I think.)

(2) Tampa Bay Lightning v (3) Detroit Red Wings

Pick: Lighting in 6
Why?: Another first round rematch that I think the defending runner-ups take without a lot of difficulty.

Western Conference

(1) Dallas Stars v (WC) Minnesota Wild

Pick: Stars in 5
Why?: Dallas is the a 50 win team and the Wild are a 38 win team.  I like the wild, probably my favorite team if you made me pick one, but they underachieved all year and I don't think playing the Stars is where they're going to turn it around.  Last year I liked them to beat St. Louis (who was a one seed) because they came in hot, they're not hot this year and Dallas will cruise.

(3) St. Louis Blues v (4) Chicago Blackhawks

Pick: Hawks in 6
Why?: It's Chicago and it's playoff time.  Do I need to give you more than that?  This is their first step to repeating which I think they will.

(1) Anaheim Ducks v (WC) Nashville Predators

Pick: Ducks in 6
Why?: Anaheim might not be as good as they were last year, but they're still pretty damn good, and therefore will beat the Preds.

(2) LA Kings v (3) San Jose Sharks

Pick: Sharks in 7
Why?: Sharks went 3-2 against them in the season.  Other than that?  I don't know, you just don't fuck with sharks.  Kings get overthrown, I've never heard of that happening to a shark.  This will translate to the ice.  You'll see.  Just you wait.


Like this post?  Share it!  If you don't share it you'll be the victim of a shark attack.

No comments:

Post a Comment