Sunday, February 7, 2016

SUPER BOWL 50 PREDICTION (Also Prop Bet Predictions)

Carolina Panthers v Denver Broncos

Prediction: Carolina 28 Denver 13

Why?: In my opinion these are the two best defenses in the NFL playing tonight, unfortunately for Denver their offense is abysmal and Carolina's offense is one of the best.  For the Broncos to have a chance they'll need to start strong like they did against New England in the AFCCG.  I can't see Denver winning this game if they need to comeback down 2 scores and have to rely on Peyton's arm, because he doesn't have one anymore.  The Panthers should be able to slow down that vaunted Denver pass rush with a better offensive line than the Pats have, and the ability to run the football, and the willingness to try and run it.  NE's lack of running allowed Denver to keep bringing pressure at Tom Brady.  Cam's ability to make plays with his legs will be huge today since Carolina's receivers are garbage and Denver's secondary is really good.  I said before I think it's Carolina's year and I still believe that.  Not saying there isn't a chance for Denver to win, I just think it's almost impossible.

Now on to some fun stuff:

SUPER BOWL 50 PROP BETS

(note: do not use these predictions as actual advice for gambling, some of them may be jokes) (second note: I started doing them all then realized there was about a trillion of them so I started doing the ones I wanted so you can use the link to see them all.)

Entertainment:

How long will the National Anthem last?
Lady Gaga is singing it and the over/under is 2:20.  I'm taking the under because most of the time it doesn't last that long.  I know Gaga loves putting on a show, but I also think that she doesn't really carry notes for forever so I'm calling less than 2:20.

Will Peyton Manning announce his retirement in his postgame interview?
No.  Why?  As much as I think Peyton likes the little dramatic flair, I think he waits until some time in the offseason.  If Denver wins I think he does, but I don't think they will, so I think he waits.

How many times will dab or dabbing be said on the broadcast?
The over/under is 2, I go over because Jim Nantz just loves to ramble and point out random shit nobody cares one bit about instead of actually doing his job and calling the game.  I'd raise this over/under to about 10,000 and I'd still take the over.

Will Peyton Manning be seen crying at any point during the broadcast?
No.  He may be a dork but he's also a man.  You think the man who but his sack and butthole on a Tennessee trainers head cries during a football game?  Sherif don't cry, that's that.

How many times will Cam Newton be seen doing the open shirt Superman motion during the game?
Over/under is 2.5 and I take the under.  We haven't really seen the supercam that much this year have we?  They're only counting from kick off to end of game not halftime either, so I don't think he'll do it more than twice.  I think he does it in his intro for sure but that isn't during the game so it wouldn't count.

If Steph Curry is seen during the broadcast what will he be wearing?
Well it's supposed to be in the low 70's at game time (A+ research, you're welcome) so I go with his personalized Carolina jersey, if it were colder I'd say no jersey, but he loves that Curry Panthers jersey so I'm going with that.

Will Mike Carey be wrong about a challenge?
Is Mike Carey ever right about a challenge?

Will there be an earthquake during the game?
No.  If you say yes then you're either a psychic, lunatic, or you have a gambling problem.

Will the Panthers give their first TD ball to a boy or girl?
Well I think the last two games it's been girl, but since I am not a slave to trends I go boy.

How many times will the Golden Gate Bridge been shown during the broadcast?
Not counting halftime and after the game starts.  Over/under is .5.  Over easily.  Sportscasts love their landmarks and blimp shots.

How many times will "John Fox" be said?
Over/under is 1, I'll go under.

How many times will Archie Manning be shown?
Over under is 1.5 and I take the over because I think they'll get a shot or two of Archie and the Manning's near the end of the game.

How many times will Elway be shown?
About 36 billion, so I'll take the over on 2.5.

What color liquid (gatorade) will be poured on the winning coach?
Orange.  When the Panthers beat Arizona they dumped orange on him so why would they change flavors for the Super Bowl?

Who will the Super Bowl MVP mention first?
You'd think God, but I'd go teammates here.

What song will Coldplay open with?
Gonna be honest, don't know a ton of Coldplay.  But I've seen strong indications it'll be Viva La Vida so that's what I'll go with.

What color footwear will Beyonce be wearing when she comes on stage?
Gonna play it safe here and go with black, I think that'd be the play with almost every artist.

Will "left shark" make an appearance in the halftime show?
No, this is the stupidest prop bet of all time, why would he come back?  He did his thing for Katy Perry and that was that.

How many wings will Buffalo Wild Wings sell?
Over/under is 12 million.  So if 1 million people order/go to Bdubs, and get 12 wings you're there already.  I go wayyyy over, official wing prediction: 33 million wings.

Team/Game:

Coin Toss
Tails never fails.

Will the ref redo the toss?
Not unless he's that stupid motherfucker from the Green Bay Arizona game.

Will the team that calls it be right?
Yes, it's a gut thing on this one.

Team to score first?
Carolina all day long.

Team that scores first wins?
Well, I'm taking Carolina to score first and win so yes.

Highest scoring quarter?
I'll go first, because Peyton Manning's arm will fall off his body sometime in the second and then it'll be all downhill for the Broncos.  Also Carolina always starts strong.

Will either team score 3 unanswered times?
I'll say Carolina does.

Longest touchdown?
Over/under is 44.5 yards, I think Carolina has a huge play in them so I'll take that over.

Special teams or defensive TD?
Carolina has one in each of it's playoff games so I'll say yes.  I think they get a pick 6 at some point.

Margin of Victory?
Well I predicted Carolina by 15 so I gotta stick with it right?  WRONG!  Nah, I will.

MVP?
Cam Newton, don't outthink yourself here, if you're taking Carolina it'd be stupid to take anyone but Cam.  If you want to take a risk though you could go Luke Kuechly but anyone else and I'll assume you need a helmet when you're out in public.

First TD scorer?
Well I don't think they'll count Cam for a TD pass, but I'm taking Johnathan Stewart.  Another safe pick, though I don't think it's a popular one.  I think they'll drive it down and let him punch it in.

(I'm going to skip the player props)

Cross-sport:

Carolina Super Bowl champs and Golden State Warriors NBA champs?
Yes.  If you say no then it's because you hate one or both of these teams.  If you genuinely hate either or both these teams you're an asshole who hates fun.  #factsonly

Denver wins Manning retires and Spurs win NBA and Duncan retires?
No, Denver isn't winning and the Spurs aren't making the Finals.  Also I think Tim Duncan is never going to retire, I don't think he's aged in 8 years, he's forever how he is and will play basketball until the end of time.

That's it.  Want to see all the props I didn't predict?  Then click the link I have before I start all the prop bets.



Like this post?  Share it!  Please?  It's Super Bowl Sunday, have a heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment