Monday, February 22, 2016

Weekend Rewind

So I'm back now, had to take a break to recover from my near death after Carolina blew it and lost to Duke.  Also there wasn't a whole lot going on other than the NBA trade deadline, but I had a lot of homework so I did that instead.  Sorry if you really wanted content from me and didn't get any.  So why don't we start with my Tar Heels?

Carolina Beats 11 Miami 96-71

Yeah, they couldn't put Duke away and they had 3 players, but they can come back and absolutely destroy the number 11 team in the nation.  Perfectly sums up this year.  They'll probably lose to NC State Wednesday and then beat UVA by 20.  Lock up a 1 seed and lose to a 16 seed.  I don't know what to make of the Heels, I'm not getting my hopes up that Saturday's win will be the one that gets them to play like the dominant team they should've been all year.  I'll still pick them in March though, if only because I've been saying they'll win it all since the tourney ended last year.


Duke Falls To Louisville

As much as I hate Duke, Louisville is catching them.  They'll never actually catch them, but they're approaching Duke and Ohio State territory for me.  So are Maryland and Michigan.  But anyway, the officiating was pretty bad if you're a Duke fan.  But if you are a Duke fan do me a favor and take a second to remember that you get the majority of the calls in 99.999999999% of your games, so chill.  Do I need to remind you of Grayson Allen's game winner where he traveled twice and they didn't call it?  Good.  The game itself isn't really what's important, rather these moments are:



Nothing more satisfying than a good ol fashioned elbow right to the mouth.  Grayson didn't even need to flop on that one.

On loop forever.


Damian Lillard Has Huge Friday, Anthony Davis Has Bigger Sunday


The NBA returned on Thursday.  Friday the Warriors started their second half of the season in Portland.  I watched a team that's supposed to challenge the all-time wins record play a team that isn't supposed to be anywhere near the playoffs but is currently 7th in the West.  The final score was 137-105.  Guess who won?  Yup, Portland.  You probably already knew that though because everyone was freaking out about it, and trying to call the Warriors overrated.  They played awful and Portland couldn't miss.  Lillard had 51, including going 9/12 from downtown.  It was incredible by him, and the Warriors got murdered, but the beat the Clippers the next day and that's what really matters.  Now AD on the other hand went off for 59 points and 20 rebounds in a 111-106 win for New Orleans over Detroit.  I didn't see that game but you don't need to to know that is an incredible line.  nearly had 60-20, and for all intents and purposes did.  1 point away is good enough in my book.


Yeah, pretty amazing stuff from The Brow.


Other minor notes:

The warriors picked up Anderson Varejao after he was traded from Cleveland to Portland then waived.  They dropped Jason Thompson who rarely played anyway, and they need depth at center right now with Bogut and Festus both hurt.  Varejao does similar things to Bogut, he plays D, hustles, and is a good passer for a big.  Plus his hair is maybe the best in NBA history.

The US women's soccer team easily qualified for the Olympics, so I'll be looking forward to watching my girl Alex Morgan and the squad defend their gold medals this summer.

And an old lady told LeBron to suck it up.  She's my hero now.  She deserves NBA MVP for that.





That's really it for this rewind.  Hope you all enjoyed your weekend.


Like this post?  Share it!  If you don't share it I'll probably just die.

No comments:

Post a Comment