Saturday, January 16, 2016

2016 NFL Playoff Predictions: Divisional

Chiefs vs. Patriots (3:35pm central, CBS)

Prediction: Chiefs 24 Pats 21

Why?: Honestly I don't like that a lot of people are liking this as the big upset this weekend.  But the Pats finished this season limping (figuratively and actually they have a lot of injuries) and KC was rolling with 10 straight wins, and they castrated the Texans in Houston last week, didn't even give up a single point.  Now Tom Brady is 12 billion times better than Brian Hoyer, but still 30-0 is 30-0 I don't care who you're playing.  The Maclin injury is big, Smith still has weapons, but no Jeremy is bad.  I think KC's D contains Brady and the Pats offense and the offense does just enough to actually do the impossible and win in Gilette in January.  The only thing that makes me nervous is how this is the popular pick, and it's dumb to think New England will lose a home playoff game, but if there was ever a time it would happen, this is it.

Packers vs. Cardinals (7:15pm central, NBC)

Prediction: Packers 35 Cardinals 23

Why?: I told you last week that the Packers win was enough to give me all the false confidence in the world about this team.  Davante Adams is out, Sam Shields may miss like his 6th straight game, we were in AZ 2 weeks ago and were absolutely waxed 38-8.  But I think last week gave the Pack confidence back, and like I said, without a few of those big turnovers is a close game last time.  Last week I picked against them due to lack of confidence, and I would like to remind you last week we were counted out, and during our 2011 Super Bowl Run we had to go to Atlanta who was heavily favored and we stomped on em.  So I'm riding my newfound irrational confidence in my team and I honestly no bias think they will win, when a team this talented is an underdog they often win.

Seahawks vs. Panthers

Prediction: Seahawks 23 Panthers 21

Why?:  I know I went off saying how much I want the Panthers to throttle Seattle, and while I still want that to happen, it won't.  Why not?  Because like I said, the Seahawks are the luckiest team EVER, and the hawks and their annoying ass fans will escape Carolina with a win.  I was watching SVP sportscenter last night and a point was made that was 1000% true, and it was that the Seahawks are a team that will make up motivation for themselves.  Like they'll act like the media or whoever disrespected them, because they're too stupid to just admit they are simply the luckiest team ever assembled.  And the only thing worse than having to listen to their rants is their fans just eating that up because their fans are stupid too.  So they'll win again, and it'll suck for everyone who isn't from Seattle or on their bandwagon.

Steelers vs. Broncos

Prediction: Broncos 28 Steelers 14

Why?:  This one is simple.  Even though the Broncos don't really have a quarterback anymore, they still have in my mind the best defense in football.  The Steelers have an ok, defense and good offense but they won't have Antonio Brown who was huge when they beat the Broncos earlier this season, and I don't know the exact status of Big Ben's arm but he couldn't throw it further than 15 yards when he came back in last weekend, I just think Pittsburgh is too beat up and Denver's defense is too good for the Steelers to keep their season alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment