Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Knicks In Talks With Hawks For Jeff Teague

It's been a slow day, and this has been tossed out there so for any fellow Knicks fan reading this you can have my take.  If you're from New York especially you should listen, because again I was right about Porzingis being a good pick while you all were mad at Phil Jackson.  So, I think Jeff Teague is a very underrated point guard, and a huge step up from Calderon and Grant.  I definitely think he's worth pursuing but at the right price.  Throw salary and that out the window I'm no finance expert.  I don't want the Knicks to pull a classic Knicks move and throw away good young guys for another quick fix.  This year is ten billion times better than last year so no need to screw it up because Melo still has time.  If the Knicks can ship Jose and maybe a couple bench guys, because they have like no picks thanks to the Melo deal, and strike some kind of balance with Atlanta for Teague I say go for it.  If there's one thing missing it's a really good backcourt player.  Afflalo has been good, and at times great, Teague is a guy who can control a game, score from multiple areas, and is explosive and plays defense.  Jose does basically none of that.  Teague is a guy who I think can run the triangle, hit those open shots, and move the ball.  He can even attack the rim when he needs to, and again he plays d.  But I don't want New York to throw away like Galloway, Grant, D-Will, or whoever just for Teague who is very underrated but not really a franchise altering talent.  So if they can get him for not a whole lot, great.  If not, just add some more guys this summer and take it from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment